We all want to fit more in a small space without looking cluttered. Garages usually have much free space. They have the potential to become a store room besides a vehicle shelter. With the storage furniture and storage ideas available you can easily transform your garage into well-organized and smart looking store room. A garage is not an attic or basement where you can dump old things. You store your car inside it and you need to store those frequently required essentials like a snow blower, sports gear, gardening tools and decorations, shovels, rake, wood chipper, car maintenance appliances and all your workshop devices. Thus assorting them in an orderly fashion is required. Below are some innovative and interesting storage ideas that can be used in a garage, especially if you have a flair for building simple wooden contraptions:
- Lawn Chair Storage: Lawn chairs occupy floor area. If they are foldable they can be hanged with the help of simple wood brackets. Few screws, two pieces of cleverly cut wood and some straps for additional support are needed to construct this storage.
- Screw storage: Same coloured plastic jars can be screwed to the bottom of a shelf by their lids. You can classify your screws by their size and types. This will eliminate the unnecessary trouble of finding out your desired screw from a box full of assortments. Additionally it will create a dainty look.
- Screw driver storage: A properly cut wooden slab and two wooden brackets are required for this simple and wonderful storage system. Just drill a series of holes on the wooden slab at equivalent distance and of the required widths. Sequentially arrange your army of screw drivers in those pockets and be organized.
- Sports ball Storage: Fewtensile cords can be hooked according to the width of the sports balls. Then they can be arranged on top of one another. Balls lying on garage floor invite accidents and storing balls in cartons can consume precious floor space. This easy use of vertical space for storing sports balls is indeed a commendable storage idea.
- Tape storage and dispenser: Tapes are very difficult to find in a workshop drawer. They are usually missing in times of need. This idea of building a wooden tape dispenser with compartments for different sized tapes is brilliant. A hacksaw blade needs to be fixed at the edge for cutting the tape.
- Ceiling racks or storage lofts: Simple plywood lofts can be built to use the overhead space. These are best for items which are of seasonal usage like sports gear or snow removing equipment.
These are simple wooden solutions for common problems arising due to chaos in the garage, in a drawer or within in cabinet. Your garage will reflect an organized mind. Furniture makers simply improvise on these ideas and give a coat of paint and varnish to give your garage a shiny look.