Solving space problem with compact innovative furniture is an evolving theme of a smart lifestyle. Initially the idea of building a garage was to shelter vehicles like cars, small trucks, mini vans and bikes. It is a part of your residence but outside your home. Usually, a garage has a lot of space left over. We end up cluttering this space. The garage becomes an eventual dumping place. In today’s world, when time and space is both precious, every inch of space should be utilized smartly. Cabinets and shelves are a good option for garage improvement or re-organization. The idea of shelving is to use up the vertical space. Cabinets give these open shelves a compact and protective look. Following is a short description of the various cabinets and shelves available in the market, especially made to make your garage look tidy:
- Cabinet systems: There are of various makes and types. The basics are wall-mounted cabinets, free standing cabinets, cabinets on wheels. Depending on your budget you can improvise on these types and make your garage look stunning.
- Stack-On Gorta 6-Piece Storage Set: This durable, spacious and smart-looking all-steel construction includes two wall cabinets, a two-door project center, a three-drawer project center, a large two-door storage cabinet and a wooden work surface. The drawers are deep and slide smoothly on ball bearings. The cabinets have nine shelves with a substantial storage capacity. Piano-style hinges are given for added strength. It needs to assembled.
- Wall cabinet from Ulti-MATE Storage: This robust two-door cabinet has two shelves which can support a weight of 100 pounds each. The top of the cabinet can support another 100 pounds. This is truly made to store workshop and garage utility and contraptions. It takes about 30 minutes to install the cabinet using a drill machine.
- Mobile Storage Gear Box Cabinet from Gladiator: It has a storage space of over five feet and can bear a weight of 225 lbs. It has casters so that you can easily move it. There are three adjustable shelves and there slots for more so that you can add more shelves according to your requirements. The wheels have locks so that it can be kept steady. It is provided with a 10 years of limited warranty.
- Shelves: Various types with different functionality are also available in shelves for garage.
- Corner tool rack from Plano Molding: Big, heavy yard tools with long handles like rakes brooms, shovels and weed-wacker are the most ideal clutter items. This rack can safely, effectively and neatly store these items. It is made of a chemical-resistant washable plastic. The rack needs to be assembled.
- 4-Tier Wire Shelf from Homedepot: This heavy-duty steel wire shelf has a dimension of 36 inches x 14 inches and height of 53.4 inches. It has a holding capacity of 800 lbs. It is available in nine attractive colours. It requires assembling.
- Ceiling Storage rack from VersaRac: Overhead storage is an excellent solution to space problems. This single shelf or rack is powder-coated to make it rust and scratch proof. It has maximum holding capacity of 600 lbs. with adjustable height and width. It provides up to 104 cu. ft. of storage.